Life hasn’t been easy for Regina football fans, but there is nothing that deters our city from welcoming the great game of football to Mosaic Stadium. Spend any amount of time here during the week and you’ll see people decked out in their football finest, blue collar and white collar workers commiserating over blown calls and missed tackles, and a feeling of total anticipation until the next game comes when we can hit the pregame or hangout at the local watering hole and celebrate with all of our Rider family.
If the last few years of football couldn’t dent our insane fandom, the pride for the 13th man, and nothing ever will. Though our beloved team may not be in the finals, Regina is always ready for game day. If you find yourself in town for the 109th Grey Cup Game, why not do it up all weekend in true Regina style with our top 5 must eats and experiences!
Top 5 things to make sure you have for a seamless festival experience
- The Tap Brewhouse: The Tap Brewhouse has so much to offer, whether your wanting to watch your favourite team, catch some live entertainment, enjoy some sun and fun on Regina’s Best Deck or just get together with friends to enjoy some great comfort food and visit…. we truly offer it all!
- The Lancaster: One of Regina’s favourite local pubs. An upscale den of gastro delights, strong drink and bewildering entertainment.
- Bushwakker Brewpub: The Bushwakker brews 12 year round beers, over 25 seasonal beers as well as our famous Blackberry Mead which is released on the first Saturday of each December.
- Birmingham’s Vodka and Ale House: Birmingham’s Vodka & Ale House. Birmingham’s boasts over 110 unique Vodkas on its back bar, with many other exciting additions like pour your own draught tables and private party rooms!
- The Broken Rack: Billiards Sports Bar & Pool Hall is a family friendly pub with Big Screen TV Arcade Games, Foosball & Air Hockey Tables.
Top festival experiences not to miss:
- November 16: The SiriusXM Kickoff Party is an all-ages event to officially launch the 2022 Grey Cup Festival and welcome the championship trophy to Regina. Bring your friends and family, enjoy some live music and experience Riderville beforeit becomes a 19+ venue the next day. Let’s kick off Grey Cup week together!
- November 16 – 19: The Digital Zone Presented by SaskTel is the ultimate experience for families, sports fans and tech gurus alike. This lively, interactive area connects the Family Festival with Riderville and the team party rooms. It runs from Wednesday, Nov. 16 through Saturday, Nov. 19 in the International Trade Centre Building
- November 19: The NexGen Energy Street Festival is a giant outdoor playground that will bring together CFL fans from across the country. Enjoy four days of family friendly winter activities like games, cozy warm-up campfire stations, music on the big stage and the SaskPower Tube Slide for those who are adventurous. This all-ages event has something for everyone and is FREE to attend.
- November 20: CFL Fan Zone: The CFL Fan Zone is a free event open to all ages outside of Gate 3 at Mosaic Stadium. Come by before kickoff, with or without a Grey Cup ticket for your chance to enter contests, receive free giveaways and enjoy football-themed activities!
- November 17 – 19 Team Party Rooms: Get on your Green and White, your Red and White or your Double Blue and prepare to swing by Saskatchewan’s biggest party at the 2022 Grey Cup Festival
Riderville, presented by Coors Light
The Lions Den
The Eastern Social Hall
(Toronto Argonauts, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Ottawa REDBLACKS and Montreal Alouettes)
The Atlantic Schooners Kitchen Party
Fuel on the Go!
- Café Drip: Cafe Drip is a local staff-owned coffee shop located in the heart of warehouse district here in Regina. We are young Filipino Canadians entrepreneurs who are still in University who want to make our first mark in our community with the hopes of inspiring others while providing consistent, high quality, and innovative products and services.
- Naked Bean: we offer traditional Italian style espresso as well as a full coffee bar and fresh in-house created baking and light lunches
- Brewed Awakening: Our diverse menu offers a wide selection of food and drink, from baked goods to fresh sandwiches, fruit smoothies to creamy lattes, each sip and bite leaving you wanting more.
- M:eating Room: Food made in our kitchens, not factories! The Meating Room Regina serves all-natural, unprocessed rotisseries, gluten-free & vegan options.
- Italian Star Deli: Welcome to the Italian Star Deli, proudly providing Regina and area with quality specialty products since 1966. When you visit the Italian Star Deli, you are truly parte della famiglia! So drop by any time and we’ll help you find whatever your heart (and palate) may desire.
- Shop ’til you drop@ 22Fresh: Located in the heart of the Warehouse District, check out 22Fresh, A Regina staple designed by Athletes, made for street and sport.
- Step back into Saskatchewan sport history @ Sports Hall of Fame: The Hall of Fame was established to honour outstanding Saskatchewan athletes, championship teams and sport builders as well as preserving the history of Saskatchewan sport. The current exhibition Fan Fare is focused on the Saskatchewan’s fervid football fans eagerly await the start of the Canadian Football League season. The anticipation increases in seasons that culminate with Regina hosting the Grey Cup.
- Celebrate a local legend with the production of #34: George Reed is a Saskatchewan legend – elite athlete, advocate, and humanitarian. He made Regina home and made the province proud; and this year his life and work are ingeniously crafted into a new play by Munish Sharma.
- Place your bets @ Casino Regina: Enjoy first-class gaming, relaxed dining and world-class entertainment at one of Western Canada’s premier tourist destinations
- Get the crew together for some competition @ Baller’s Rec Room: changing the meaning of fun with over 10000 square feet of batting cages, advanced arcade games, amazing food and drink.