We would like to acknowledge that the land on which we gather is Treaty 4 territory and the traditional territory of the Anihšinābēk, Nêhiyawak, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota peoples, and the original home of the Métis/Michif Nation. We recognize that both Indigenous and Métis people are the spiritual and cultural keepers of their traditional lands and still to this day, continue to practice their values, languages, beliefs and knowledge.
Public Unveiling of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Exhibits at Government House
Join us on the evening of Friday, May 20 for the official opening of Government House’s exhibits celebrating the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. See the new exhibits and meet the artist of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee portrait. This event is a come & go but scheduled times for various activities are below.
- 6:30 p.m. – View feature exhibit Platinum on the Prairie: The Queen in Saskatchewan
- 7:00 p.m. – Screening of “The Portrait”, a National Film Board documentary showing the process of the Diamond Jubilee Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II
- 7:45 p.m. – Q&A session with Phil Richards, artist of the Diamond Jubilee Portrait
- 8:10 p.m. – Viewing of the Diamond Jubilee Portrait on loan to Government House
- 8:30 p.m. – Viewing of The Making of a Portrait exhibit in the Queen Elizabeth II Art Gallery