’Tis the season for holiday-themed date nights and we have 10 festive ideas for you! Some ideas give you the opportunity to wear that fancy dress you’ve been saving for a special occasion while sweatpants are perfectly acceptable for some of the others. So grab a mug of hot cocoa and some of those holiday chocolates you said you wouldn’t eat yet, and let’s get started!
1) Many of you have work holiday parties to attend but what if you’re self-employed? Yes, you can still participate in a large corporate-style holiday party at Conexus Arts Centre with their Small Business Christmas Dinner
. Treat yourself and your date to cocktails, buffet dinner, entertainment and dance.
2) While you’re browsing the Conexus Arts Centre website
check out their Events listing for holiday-themed performances. You & your date could start the evening with a nice dinner out followed by the symphony, a concert, or one of their other holiday events.
3) The Globe Theatre always offers an entertaining evening. Check their current listings
to see what performances are scheduled during the holiday season.
4) For a more relaxed, sweatpants-approved date night, you could visit one of the many cafes in the city for some holiday-themed desserts and hot cocoa.
5) For a casual evening out, visit Bushwakker
to taste their annual mead (a popular holiday tradition with the locals here in Regina) and dinner. My recommendation? The Venetian Pizza!
6) For a daytime date idea, check out the Holiday Brunch
at Hotel Saskatchewan hosted by the Philharmonic Chorus.
7) Need help finishing your Christmas shopping? Bring your date with you on a Christmas gift shopping spree to some locally-owned boutiques
and shops. A couple of my personal favourites: Hillberg & Berk
and Sara Lindsay - The Makeup Store.
8) There’s never a shortage of Christmas movies playing at the movie theatre so treat your date to a holiday movie with popcorn for supper!
9) Bundle up in your winter gear and head out to see the CP Holiday Train and live concert. They'll be in Regina Dec. 16. Check their website
for more details.
10) For a budget-friendly night out, fill your travel mugs with hot cocoa from home and head out for a driving tour of the Christmas lights in the city while playing your own version of carpool karaoke (singing Christmas songs on the radio together). You’ll find a listing of the best Christmas light displays in the city by visiting www.SparkleTour.ca